Wednesday 8 June 2011

U-turn & turn & turn @ No 10.

Well - it's only Wednesday and the world is spinning! I read somewhere that it's probably because our Boy David, the Prime Minister, had worked in Public Relations - otherwise known as PR, that he finds it so difficult to steer a straight course in guiding the Coalition Government. The reason he turns and turns again.

Apparently, so I've been told, all PR people long to be loved. The first sign of a frown on a client's face sets them into a flat spin! 'Hey! Don't frown!' They say, 'please smile and love me. I only have eyes for you, my client!' So when our PM discovers that the great British public are horrified

1. By the changes to the education system - the PM steps in and asks for a re-think! The people smile!

2. The student fees cause riots in the street - the PM leaps in and says there will be support for the very poorest students. The people smile.

3. When the woodlands and forests are to be sold off - the PM cannot contain his zeal for not selling the woods. The people smile.

4. When old hush-puppy man says that rapists and other criminals who plead they are guilty will have huge reductions to their sentences - the PM loudly decries the very idea. The people smile.

5. Last - but most disturbing of all - the NHS reforms which were heralded as being drawn up by the man with more knowledge about the NHS than any living politician have caused mayhem! So - par for the course, our Boy David, our beloved PM steps up to the challenge and orders - wait for it! He orders a 'pause'! Now that's what I call great leadership! A true man of destiny! A veritable Daniel come to judgement! And with a Chancellor, whose birth name is Gideon, standing beside him, who knows where it will end? And - the people cheer!

But I am a mere under stairs cat - so what do I know? I just pass on the whispers and gossip I hear floating round these corridors of power! The whispers may be true; the gossip mere calumny! I do know that it ain't easy being a PM and it's even worse being a PM of a Coalition. Me - I'm glad my job is just catching rats! Then again, maybe Boy David needs to learn a trick or two from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment