Sunday 4 September 2011

'Don't feed the fat cats' @ No 10

I saw several people with banners saying 'Don't feed the Fat Cats'! I looked at myself in the mirror and decided I certainly wasn't 'fat'. I trotted over to No 11 to see Arturo. He looked pretty lean to me!

"Where and who are these 'fat cats', Arturo, mi old pal?" I asked him, the fount of all knowledge.

"Are you daft, Butch? 'Fat cats' are not the feline kind like you and me! They're the rich, the toffs, the bankers - the two legged variety called humankind! They are the 'fat cats'. You want to keep well away from them - they're no good to you or me."

I returned to No 10, once again amazed by my pal's perspicacity. What a cat that Arturo is - a veritable Daniel!

It was as I entered No 10 that I heard one of the Interns complaining about the 'bad press' that Old Fox Lansley and 'Boy David' Cameron were getting about the Health and Social Care Bill . He said how unfair it was! He particularly fussed about Baroness Shirley Williams and her comments.

I decided to do my own investigating on the web. And did I strike gold - or did I strike gold! First - I found a site called 38 Degrees (http://www.38degrees.org.uk) This gave facts and figures about the new reforms of the NHS. There is also a petition to sign.

Then, I discovered Spinwatch (http://www.spinwatch.org/). This gave loads of details on this this video :


The Health Industry Lobbying Tour from Mancha Productions on Vimeo.

At the end - my head was reeling! I knew that the Old Fox Lansley had friends in high places but I didn't know he also knew 'fat cats'. It seems, 'Boy David' also has 'fat cat' acquaintances too! I wonder whether 'Wailing Lad' Clegg has met any - can't be sure about him or his connections. However, he did agree to the Health and Social Care Bill - and that was very, very odd.

Now - my friends - I have a theory. Old Fox, Boy David and Wailing Lad have all been in the PR business. They are now politicians of high rank. However, they were so conditioned as trainee PR blokes that the conditioning has become embedded in their tiny brains (as you know I always choose my adjectives advisedly!).

So what has this conditioning got to do with 'fat cats', do I hear you ask? Let me offer one possible explanation. Fat cats have only one goal in life - to get fatter! To achieve this end they will :
*** say anything
*** do anything
The private healthcare companies - many of them from the US - employed scheming lobbyists whose ability is to convince politicians, 'by any means', of the of the rightness of their cause.

Now - the three stooges: Cameron, Lansley and Clegg were fair game - poor blokes!. They just wanted to be able to utter a good sound bite! After all - it's really the only thing they are any good at doing! The lobbyists give them the sound bite - they each in turn uttered it - without actually looking at the full meaning of the words they were saying. Their main concern was: 'Do I look alright?'

Hey Presto! We now have the Health and Social Care Bill waiting to fulfill the aspirations of the private health companies - the privatisation of the NHS with all the lovely dosh going their way! The fat cats were purring with delight and drooling at the prospect.

And that luscious prospect is still there - only Parliament stands in the way.

"Butch! Butch! C'mon, honey, I've got a nice sardine for your supper!" I heard the dulcet tones of my pal among the secretaries - maybe being a fat cat isn't such a dreadful prospect after all!

'Bye'

No comments:

Post a Comment