Saturday 19 February 2011

On Patrol

Horrible night - poured with rain.  Even an old alley cat like me doesn't hunt in the rain.  So, I crept round to the basement and listened to the gossip.

One of the blokes, who does Dave Boy's general bidding, was talking about our Larry.  he said that the woman from Battersea Dogs Home (says it all, doesn't it?) Claire Horton described Larry as a 'bit of a bruiser'.  She said he was well up for the job of catching rats.

Huh! I said to myself, that's what she thinks.  Right now he's snuggled up in someone's bed!  And it's me doing the ratting - or rather I would - if it didn't rain.

One of the other blokes said that the ex-PM's old girl is writing her memoirs!  She'll have some tales to tell, I bet!  Wonder how many rats were running round here then!

Arturo, remember?  The cat in No11.  He tells me that all hell broke out there last night when Georgy heard the news item about Barclays Bank!  It seems he threw a cushion at Arturo - he missed.  He's a poor shot, so Arturo says.

Hang on!  I just smelled a rat!  Smells like a big one!  Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment