Wednesday 23 February 2011

No 10 - All Paws on Deck!

Much rushing to and fro today!  Scurryings from the FCO to No 10!  Red faces all round. Someone made a real booboo, that's what I heard.

I was curled up, nice and cosy under a radiator in the Cabinet Office - very comfy in there!  They do look after themselves, I must say.  No expense spared.  Anyway - I slunk away behind a curtain, not sure what this load of toffs would think of old Butch here!  Just as warm behind the curtain, though.

A smallish man with a shiny bald head and a strange voice, a cross between a growl and a purr, began getting very excited.  He said that Alastair Burk - or was it Burt, had f***** up!  I became interested.  How had this Burk F***** up, I wondered?

It seems, the FCO had said a plane was on its way to rescue Britons in Libya!  But it wasn't!  The FCO men were shouting and protesting that 'it wasn't our fault!'  The funny chap said he'd heard the 'Today' programme and they'd even f***** up over that because there were loads of Britons stuck out in the desert!  Why hadn't he been told?  he got very upset!

Then, the TV was switched on and a posh man said: 'If the French, Portuguese, Germans, Turks and Russians were prepared, why wasn't the FCO?!"  Everyone in the room went silent.

I thought the room was now empty and I could go back to sleep.  But I was wrong.  There was a mass stampede out of the office and down the corridor.  I heard the front door slam - not once, not twice but three times.  The man with the growly-purry voice was still sitting there, his head in his hands.  Felt rather sorry for him really!

Still, it's not my problem, is it?  I guess the Boy David will yell at them all, when he gets back.  It's made him look rather silly, after all.  He was playing the great British leader out there in the Middle East and it turns out his Government can't organise a p*** up in a brewery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment