Friday 25 February 2011

Still chaos at No 11 & 10

It's still all hands on deck, you might say, for looking busy in front of the Press.

The Boy David said that 'everything' must be done to get all the remaining Brits out of Libya.  We had the Navy here arranging for frigates to be sent.  Looks good -  Britannia rules the waves and all that!  One of the underlings in the office was overheard saying that it was obvious that 'Cameron's only work experience was in PR'.  It seems he likes to be seen to be doing his job - even if he isn't, if you know what I mean!  Same as old Larry - he's all show and no rats yet!

Then, Arturo from No 11,  told me that the Boy David's trip to all those places in the Middle East was not all it seemed.  He took lots of arms dealers with him.  I asked Arturo how he knew this.  He said he'd heard his Boss complaining about some green lady who was telling everyone that it was a disgrace!  Selling guns to dictators who'll use them on their own people.  That's what she's supposed to have said.  I couldn't see what all the fuss was about, personally.  If you sell guns, you expect them to be used, don't you?

I told Arturo that I had some news for him.  Apparently, Georgy was not named George when he was a baby.  He was named Gideon!  Arturo didn't believe it.  But I showed him a website where it said it all!  When Georgy ... sorry Gideon ... was 13 years old, he changed his name to George.  He thought that Gideon Osborne PM would not sound quite right!

Arturo sat down hard and flicked his tail to and fro.  I could tell he was confused.

"Never mind," I said, "just think what an asset Gideon was!"  But Arturo didn't know what I was on about.  I said, "he cast down the altars of Baal."  Arturo didn't listen, he stomped off, round the back garden to No 11.

When he had gone, I noticed a bowl of cream on the table, next to a silver coffee pot.  No one around, so I had a good old lick!

Wonder what the modern equivalent of Baal's altars is for Gideon, next door!

No comments:

Post a Comment