Sunday 27 February 2011

Ed Balls drives Gideon crazy!

Arturo came rushing to find me at lunchtime.  I was just about to have the head of a mackerel when he yanked my tail.

"Quick, come next door."  Arturo was excited.  "Georgy - sorry Gideon - is - well come and see for yourself!"

We slunk round to the backdoor of No 11, then up the stairs.  Arturo is a slinky cat and I'm not too bad either.  We slithered round the door to a room where Gideon was standing in front of a very large TV.  Gideon was red in the face and saying lots of swear words.  I peered at the TV to find out why he was so excited. 

On the screen was a large man with very bright eyes.  He was talking about money and tax and what he would have done.  It certainly was not what Gideon thinks.  This man, called Ed, said that Gideon and the Boy David did not really know what they were doing.  He sounded quite interesting, at least I thought so.

Gideon, however, got increasingly agitated.  He was muttering darkly.  Then he threw a cushion at Arturo when he caught sight of him under the sofa.  Arturo hissed like mad!  Gideon threw another cushion and hit the TV.  Luckily, it was such a very large TV that it just rocked before settling back on its stand.

The last I saw of Gideon was him biting his own hand!  I wasn't sure whether he did this as a punishment for nearly wrecking the TV or because he wanted to hit the man on its screen.

In general, humans are very odd but the lot who live at No 10 and No 11 are odder than most.

No comments:

Post a Comment