Monday 30 May 2011

More woes for Georgy Porgy @ No 10!

Arturo came rushing in to No 10 - he said he was escaping from No 11, for the moment. I asked why. He said there was a lot of things flying round the office. "Such as?" I asked. Such as: notebooks, pens, mobile phones, mugs and a plate!

I pondered this information, as any thoughtful cat would. "More tantrums?" I queried.

"Many more tantrums, Butch my old son!" Arturo said, as he lapped up my bowl of milk.

"What's up now?"

"Poor old George is suffering the same fate as all Chancellors. Just when he thinks he's got it taped, it all goes pear-shaped. He was delighted with himself, only last week. Everything he touched went to gold - " Arturo paused, "Maybe that's a bit over the top! But let's say, there were no major problems. Now, those old Tory Eurosceptics are at it again. They are claiming the European Financial Stability Mechanism - now there's a mouthful! I'll call it the EFSM for short. They reckon that we - that's us in the UK - are paying too much into the EFSM to bailout the failing Eurozone economies! One of the arch Tory sceptics thinks we've paid a third of the bailout costs when we should only have paid 12 per cent."

"God! Arturo, this is so boring!"

"Well economics is boring, my dear Butch! You have all the fun and games here in No 10 - In No 11 - it's all facts and figures - or smoke and mirrors - depends on how you rate economists!"

"I don't rate them at all!"

"Nor do I. But our Georgy is up the pole now because the right of the Tory Party don't seem to be rating him anymore. There's even a threat that they might join forces with Labour. The Tory whips are out with a vengeance! 30 Tories rebelled claiming that £12.5bn of taxpayers' money was set aside to help Greece, Portugal and Ireland. They didn't like it! Not with all the benefit cuts coming. Of course, all they're really worried about is their own seats! They all want to be re-elected, don't they?"

"Wonder if Obama's lot have the same trouble." I said. "Tell you what though - at least Boy David and Georgy don't have Sarah Palin on their backs! I saw her promotional video yesterday! Scary, man! One huge grizzly bear roaring! Now - that would give Georgy something to worry about!"

But - Arturo was asleep, curled up on MY cushion. I left him and went for a snooze in the garden near one of the nesting boxes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment