Wednesday 18 May 2011

To PMQ or not to PMQ? That is the question @ No 10.

"Prime Minister - you have a really busy week. Wouldn't it be wiser to skip PMQs today?"

"What! You're not being serious? Miss PMQs and let that ... that ..." Much muttering under his breath. "My Deputy take over... You must be out of your mind!"

"I was only thinking of your well-being, Prime Minister." The rather abashed junior Minister said. "You are off to Ireland later in the day."

"My well-being, as you so charmingly call it, is served best by reliable colleagues not making stupid suggestions. Clegg is on the rampage at the moment, or hadn't you noticed? Don't you understand that? He'll do anything and everything to show his 'muscular Liberalism'. Ha! Some joke that! The only muscularity about the LibDems is their over used tongues!" He smiled his raffish smile, so reminiscent of Flashman. "So, if you value my continuing support, I assume you do, don't let me hear you suggest that I should relinquish PMQs today."

The junior Minister nodded and collected a pile of papers from the PM's desk.

I rolled onto my back, when they had gone. I stretched myself and then rolled over onto my front. Life was good when these pesky humans left one in peace. As it was, the last few days have been full of 'sound and fury'. Poor old Wailing Lad Clegg has really set the cat among the pigeons - excuse the metaphor - by determining to stand out from the rest of the Cabinet. The shock of the size of the defeat at the polls has made him more positive and as Arturo says, 'thrusting'.

This new posture of the Wailing Lad is highly unpopular with not only my Boy David but also with George from next door. According to Arturo, George gets in a right strop whenever Clegg's name is mentioned. He calls him a 'wild opportunist'. Personally, I thought that a bit rich coming from him!

Still, as the 'hot rabbit' would say 'c'est la vie'!

No comments:

Post a Comment