Friday 6 May 2011

Unbridled Joy @ No 10

Boy David had one of those satisfied grins on his face, this morning. He greeted all and sundry with a chirpy, 'Good Morning'. The emphasis was very much on the 'Good'. He caught sight of my tail and instead of giving a feigned sideways kick at it, as he usually does, he just ignored me. Something's up, I thought to myself!

Several secretaries and hangers-on greeted him in like cheerful manner.

"Well done, Prime Minister."

"Marvellous result, Prime Minister!"

I could go on, but you get the gist! Everyone seemed as pleased as Punch! I thought this rather strange. After all, they - being the Tories - hadn't done that well. Labour had done really well, so Arturo told me. The Lib Dems had done very, very badly!

Now - I thought our Boy David headed up a Coalition. So, if your partner in the Coalition does very badly - that can't be good news - or can it?

There was much whispering in the back room:

"Well, now they can't do anything to stop us, can they? They won't want an election - they'd all be out on their backsides!" One refined lady said!

"That Cable chap will have to hold his tongue now." Another woman said.

"Yes - but can we shut that loud-mouth Ashdown up?"

"Who cares about him?" A man guffawed loudly!

Through the front door came Wailing Lad Clegg. Today, he really did have something to wail about, I thought. He did look pale but there were no signs of wailing. In fact, I think I detected a steely look in those eyes of his. What surprised me was the way he was greeted!

"I say, old chap, what a disappointing night!" A clap on his back. "Never mind though. It was only the local elections!"

"So sorry, Nick, you mustn't feel down about it. It's always those in Government who get kicked in the local elections!"

I saw Clegg open his mouth to say something - but he obviously thought better of it! he left soon after. I hope Miriam had cooked him a hearty breakfast.

Boy David grinned and turned to some sycophantic chap: "Funny, you know, we're the Government but no one's punished us. It's really useful having a Coalition partner. We must try it again!" They both roared with laughter!

Only the 'Yes' 'No' vote results to come now. Boy David seems quite relaxed about that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment