Saturday 2 July 2011

Cameron keeping fit in No 10 @ No 10!

Lovely sunny day in London Town! Blue sky, small white clouds; blackbirds singing; roses in full bloom! Then - what is this I see? Is it a football fan lurking along the twisting corridors of Nos 10 and 11 Downing Street? It certainly is not a boy, an ever so slightly flabby man. It is quite clearly a man - yes! It is a man! He is rather pink in the face! This man looks in the mirror, as he jogs passed, and that familiar smile I have come to know so well, flits across his face. It is indeed - Boy David!

He is almost unrecognisable from the blue suited, dapperly dressed PM of PMQ fame. He is in the full strip of the Aston Villa football club! What is more, when he turns round, I see 'No 10 Cameron' emblazoned across the shirt!

At this point, Arturo slinks in. "Did you see that?" He asks. "What do you think of that?" Arturo sat down and waited for a response. I did not respond, I wasn't sure what I could say. It was all rather embarrassing really.

"He's off jogging! Going to keep fit! Can you believe it?" Arturo was incredulous too. "What's more, he's got five - yes five - protection officers with him."

"Are they going to be running, as well?" I asked.

"Yep! That's the general idea. Four men and one woman all dressed up and raring to go!"

"How much is that going to cost?"

"Cost? What do you mean?" Arturo's green eyes looked puzzled.

"They won't come cheap, these keep-fit-running chaps and chapess, will they? Got to have the right gear, as they say. No doubt they've got special walkie-talkie stuff as well!"

"Got to keep him safe, haven't they?" Arturo added loyally. "There are loads of nutters running round the park!"

"You can say that again!" I chortled. "I said, you can say that again!"

Ignoring my sarcasm, Arturo asked: "Coming for a nap in the rose garden?"

"You bet!" I replied.

So, it's 'Bye' from Arturo:



And it's 'Bye' from me:

No comments:

Post a Comment