Thursday 17 March 2011

'Earnest Voice' is this at No 10?

My friend, Arturo from No 11, told me that Gideon and the Boy David were huddled together over coffee this morning. Gideon was very excited, it seems. He said "Dave, I've got the answer to our problems."

The Boy David's face lit up with delight, "What is it?", he asked swigging his latte.

"We have to get hold of this new 'put a sock in it' software"

"Put a sock in it software! Whatever's that?"

"Well, that my not be exactly what it's called but it is an 'online persona management service', so I heard."

"Maybe I'm a bit dim, George old chap, but I still don't know what you're on about."

Gideon sighed deeply, sometimes he wondered how the Boy David became PM. "The Yanks have a new techie toy. It means one person can control 10 different accounts on a social media site! Can you imagine it - you could be 10 facebook holders or 10 tweeters."

"So what?"

"You could get everyone in the trusted section of our party to each have one of these accounts. Then, they could send out really positive messages about the way the Chancellor operates or the PM, of course. Don't you see, Dave, it would up our ratings no end!"

"Oh! I get it! Where do we find this software. It's obvious we must have it."

"It's name is 'Operation Earnest Voice' or 'OEV'. Don't suppose Obama would give it to us or Gates - but we might try one of the others." He finished his coffee and grinned. "Like the idea do you, Dave?"

"Rather! But we can't let Clegg and his bunch know about it! They're just the sort of PR louts who'd exploit it."

When Arturo told me all this, I thought - This means trouble! Just hope the Yanks keep it to themselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment