Friday 4 March 2011

While the Boss is away from No 10 .....Yippeee!

Great news for all and sundry who work, play, shout, scream, cower or just mooch around No 10. The Boss, otherwise known as Boy David, is away again! Bliss!

No more angst wringing of hands in front of poor old Larry, the pampered cat who sits at his feet. No more shilly-shallying in front of the press office - shall I-shan't I? Whoops, got it wrong again!

No, my pals, he's gone to the Tory Spring conference in Cardiff. In Cardiff, of all places where the Welsh would like to be rid of most things English but certainly any old Etonians lurking in their fine land. Still, he has gone but not before the pacings to and fro, last night. What would he do with the 'Right' of his party? I overheard lots of people giving him advice and thought it odd. What have the 'Right' to complain of, I asked myself as I was halfway through a sardine. You can't get more right than sacking soldiers, taking money away from kids, closing nurseries and libraries and threatening to make people work till they drop.

However - it seems you can go more right than that! The worry the 'Right' seem to have is that voting reform will be achieved by the one they call 'The Loser Clegg'. Then, it seems there will always be a Coalition and they'd hate that!

However, Arturo from No 11 came to see me an hour ago. He said that Gideon was beside himself with glee. When I asked why. He told me that Gideon was thrilled the LibDems lost their deposit in Barnsley - wherever that is!

Just so you all know - I caught a rat last night! I was so pleased with myself. I carried it upstairs to the private quarters to show it to Larry. I said he could claim it was his, if he liked. After all, that's why they got him. I dropped it in front of his dainty paws. Sadly, it wasn't dead - just stunned. It came to and ran into Boy David's sitting-room. There was one helluva commotion. So, I beat it back down to the basement. This alley cat knows his place even if the rest of them here don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment