Tuesday 29 March 2011

Hells Bells @ Nos 10 & 11

Arturo scampered into the kitchen of No 10. Anyone could see he was in a right old state! He settled down to a bowl of milk, got his breath back, then told me:
"Next door is going mad! Our Georgy is giving evidence today to the Commons Treasury Committee about his precious budget. All his advisers were talking at once. They were telling him what to say; how to say it; what not to say; how to smile; how to look serious. Georgy lost his cool and told them all to 'shut up'. Then, he stormed out! I think he'll mess it up!"

"Same here," I said. "Total madness, everyone running up and down stairs. Why? Because Boy David is holding some big conference for loads of important people. He was rehearsing his speech this morning. I heard him say:
Let me welcome you all to London.
Foreign Ministers from more than 40 countries – from America to Asia – from Europe to Africa – from the United Nations to the Arab world. All here to unite with one purpose: to help the Libyan people in their hour of need.
If he said it once, it would have been enough!"

Arturo looked at me. "Humans are very strange, Butch! Why can't they be more like cats? Just look at us: no speeches, no conferences, no committees. We don't cause suffering to nobody! We just do our job - we catch rats! Do we get thanks? No, siree!"

I had to agree, but then I said "One thing, Arturo, we don't get thrown out every few years and be made to look real stupid on TV or have to eat our words! I think I'm glad I'm a cat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment