Wednesday 20 April 2011

To Tail or not To Tail @ No 10

You would think that Boy David and his wife, Samantha, were getting married all over again! Quite a tither as they say! What shall he wear to the Royal Wedding?

Yes - you did read that correctly. I didn't say, 'What will she wear? No, I said 'What will he wear?' The poor boy could not make up his mind. Should he wear
1. A Morning suit?
2. A Lounge suit?

Oh The palaver! You cannot imagine it, my dears! If he wears 'tails' then he'll be considered too posh! I ask you! Can you imagine Cameron being too posh?

Then, there were those from the pure old Tory party who declared that a Tory Prime Minister attending a Royal Wedding must - absolutely MUST be properly dressed and wear tails! He must not shame the party or the country.

Arturo and I discussed the matter at some length, as you can imagine! Tails or no tails? To a couple of understairs cats, like us, tails were in - if you get my gist!!

The strange thing is, I don't think the Boy David has realised yet that he isn't the bride! He thinks everyone will be looking at him! Of course, that's typical of an old PR man! Tremendous self-assurance and narcissism is theirs by right.

I think somebody should whisper in Samantha's ear and tell her to keep her man's feet more firmly on the ground.

"After all, darling," she should say. "Everyone will be looking at the bride."

I could have told him that. He'll be playing second fiddle to:
1. The Bride
2. The Dress
3. The Bridegroom
4. The Bride's Mother
5. The Bridegroom's Mother

... I could go on. I reckon, as does Arturo, that our Boy David could wear jeans and a tartan shirt for all that anyone's going to notice him. But just try telling him that.

No comments:

Post a Comment