Wednesday 27 April 2011

-Can He do anything right @ No 10?

Even I felt sorry for Boy David today! You'd have thought the Easter break might have made life a tad easier for him. But I'd forgotten today was PMQs at the House.

He bounced down the stairs, this morning, bright as a button. He told everyone that it was a 'lovely day'. He smiled and had a general air of bonhomie! I quite warmed to him. No sign of his scheming side - just genuine satisfaction with life.

Arturo told me that Georgy from No 11 was equally well disposed to all and sunder. He said it was because Georgy thought the economy was going well. That's not what I heard, I thought. That chap, the one called Balls, had said the economy was still in a mess. But as Arturo and I agreed, if the two lads from Nos 10 and 11 were kept happy, who were we to spoil the party.

We both basked in the sun in the back garden, out of the wind. The baby birds were cheeping - this made me dribble with anticipation - but I did nothing because I fell asleep.

Then - bang, crash, wallop! The doors were slamming, voices were raised from inside. We slunk in - ever the curious ones, never wanting to miss out on a good story.

Boy David was red in the face. Quite florid in fact! George and Boy David were deep in conversation.

"What's wrong with what I said, George?"

"Nothing, old chap. Not as far as I could tell. No bloody sense of humour, if you ask me. Of course, women today are a bit more on their dignity, you know. Especially those ghastly left-wing women!"

"Eagle, you mean! Very witty, George, left wing! Get it? Left WING?"

George peered anxiously at Boy David and shook his head. "They're getting to you, aren't they? You mustn't let them, David."

"All I said to that annoying Eagle woman was 'calm down, dear'. She'd been positively ranting - quite rabid in fact!"

"She is shadow chief secretary to the Treasury. I suppose she was sitting on her dignity!"

"Haven't they watched Michael Winner's TV adverts? Don't they appreciate a joke?"

George shook his head mournfully. "Labour women don't have a sense of humour, David. If they did they wouldn't be Labour!" He chuckled to himself. "Come to think of it, Tory women don't have a sense of humour either! Maggie certainly didn't."

Boy David looked over his shoulder furtively. "You can't say things like that, George. Maggie wasn't a woman. She was a saint!"

George stifled a laugh. "Well, we know saints don't have a sense of humour! Still better be more careful next time, eh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment