Wednesday 13 April 2011

Smoothing the ruffled feathers @ No 10

"Now look here, Clegg, you've got to pull yourself together and be a part of the team!"

"I don't need to pull myself together, I am a part of the team, David. You know that! I think what you think!"

"Hmmm ... I hope so! And as for you, Lansley! Change that disagreeable expression on your face. Smile, look confident but caring. When the bastards ask you a difficult question, just nod and look sympathetic!"

Lansley looked far from sympathetic! The silver foxy head looked positively miserable.

How do I know this, you ask. Well, I had found a nice warm spot near a radiator and curtain. This meant I could be behind the curtain but as warm as toast! The three reverse monkeys (see a previous blog!) sat together around a small coffee table. I was curious. Who were the bastards, I wondered? I thought I'd wait to find out more.

Boy David took charge, as usual, he's getting so very bossy these days! Even Baroness Deech said rude things about his arrogance! She said no one should talk about Oxford University, the way he did! I thought to myself, if she thinks that's his worst arrogance, then she should come and join me behind the curtain, some time! I'd explain it's going to Eton 'what done it!'

Anyway - back to the matter in hand - it seems the three of them were preparing themselves to greet and I quote 'representatives from the voluntary sector to share their views as part of the listening exercise on NHS modernisation.'

Oh! I thought to myself, that's a good one. 'Share their views' indeed! Who's Boy David kidding. He shares views with no one!

"Now look, you two, I've prepared my opening remarks. Tell me what you make of them:
I think your organisations, which are hugely trusted and understood by the public and by the users of your organisations, can help us to make the argument that change, that choice, that diversity, is not about privatisation, it’s about actually improving healthcare".

As he finished, I peeped at Clegg and Lansley's faces. They were positively glowing with ador ... sorry ... admiration!

"Oh, very good, David, don't you agree, Andrew?" Clegg visibly simpered his approval.

"Yes, very good, Prime Minister!" Lansley added with not such great aplomb but aplomb nevertheless!

"Well this 'listening exercise' is bound to engage them. We'll have them eating out of our hands in no time! And even if we don't, they'll be so pleased to have been consulted, they're sure to agree to everything in the end."

I peered closely at Boy David, at the narrowing of his eyes, the toss of his head and thought 'goodness being PM has really got to the boy! I wonder if he ever read 'Animal Farm'. He's getting a bit like Napoleon!

No comments:

Post a Comment