Monday 22 August 2011

It's all Greek to me @ No 10

The 'More Passion' neon in the Terracotta Room gave me quite a headache! We don't need it! We need less passion more sense. But will we get it? No, siree! Don't forget 'Boy David' Cameron was a useful Public Relations man - that's how he wheedled his way to the top of the Tory Party! One thing a useful PR man knows is that 'sense' is a dirty word. When sense comes in - skulduggery goes out and as we all know - politicians like nothing better than a bit of skulduggery - it's meat and drink to them.

Talking of skulduggery! I was tipped the wink by my pal, Arturo. He told me that 'Georgy' Osborne had been huffing and puffing over today's newspapers! Particularly a piece about his old bĂȘte noire, Lord Peter Mandelson. Now there's a name to conjure with, I thought. And that, my friends is precisely what was going on - how else did the Noble Lord manage to acquire over £8,000,000 in such a short time? Like the brilliant magician he is, he pulled it out of his hat - just like a white rabbit!

But - to cut to the chase - as Arturo would say - what made Georgy so out of sorts? It seems the Noble Lord Peter Mendelson recently became a 'senior adviser' to Lazard. That's right 'Lazard' not 'lizard'. Lizards are slippery reptiles that hide under stones. One could never apply that description to either investment bankers or of the Noble Lord, could one?

It seems that its many international clients are just falling over themselves to be associated with the Noble Lord. It also seems that Lazard is giving advice to the Greek government on negotiations about a multi-billion-euro bailout from the European Union. So, it's no wonder that 'Georgy' Osborne was tearing out his handsome mane of dark curls!

Now that's a right laugh, I thought! The Noble Lord Peter Mandelson for whom, as we know, economics was an arcane rite - is now mixed up with helping the Greeks to put right their huge debt! As one far wiser than I once said - 'It's all Greek to me!' and it as sure as hell is hot - all Greek to the Noble Lord.

But as Arturo and I discussed earlier - who needs sense in politics - so long as there is 'More Passion' - all will be well!

Hope you like my new signing off mark!



No comments:

Post a Comment